I am just flabbergasted by this. TalkLeft links, uncritically, to this report that “Americans are slaughtering civilians” in what Jeralynn calls the ‘Fallujah Massacre.’
C’mon, Jeralynn- I know you have google. The author of the report is Dahr Jamail, Indymedia hero, a pretty well known anti-western activist/indpendent journalist. What does Jamail charge? Some tidbits:
– American soldiers have bombed a hospital and are sniping people who try to enter and leave hospitals
– American soldiers are sniping ambulances
– American planes are dropping cluster bombs on civilians
– Americans are shooting women and children (Jamail noted this in between gloating about how Americans would react to the armed children he was praising)
– Americans are shooting old men
– There is and never has been a cease fire
– This is just an excuse to kill Iraqis under the guise of arresting those who killed the Blackwater men.
I guess ‘supporting our troops’ has now morphed from marching with ANSWER, voting for ‘Anyone but Bush,’ and passing on, uncritically, propaganda from dubious and unreliable sources that our troops are actively committing war crimes.
Do you honestly believe this report, Jeralynn?