I was doing my daily chores (reading Red State, Malkin, Hugh, etc.), when I came across something equal parts terrifying and intriguing:
From Old World sophistication to New World energy, South America is a balance of opposites. Life pulsates with remarkable diversity in South America – not only in its music, but in its widely contrasting landscapes, cultures and cuisines.
It is a land of stunning extremes – the world’s highest waterfall, longest mountain range, driest desert and largest rain forest. Stretching from the steaming Amazon basin to the bone-dry Atacama desert to the glacial peaks of the Andes, South America contains enough beauty and soul-searing diversity to quicken the pulse of the most experienced traveler.
Inclusions, Pricing & Details
* Per person fares begin at $6095 based on double occupancy.
12 Nights Aboard the All Suite – All Balcony Seven Seas Mariner
* $200 per suite Shipboard Credit
* Special Reduced Fare Economy Class Airfare Available
* Private Welcome Reception with Hugh & David
* Exclusive Seminars with Hugh and David
* Private Farewell Reception with Hugh and David
* Select Wine and Spirits & All Non- Alcoholic Beverages Anytime
* On Ship Gratuities Included
* New bookings only
* Certain restrictions apply
* Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability
* Single Supplement applies
* Deposit of 10% due at time of booking.
* Final Payment is due by November 21, 2007.
* Rates do not include port charges of $323.00 per person, fuel surcharge may apply
* Remember you must book your cruise package through Sterling Travel, Inc. to attend the Hugh Hewitt exclusive events
We have to get someone on this ship, and I know who is perfect for this mission.
*** Update ***
Apparently, other cruises of comparable lengths cost only $3000. The other $3095 for this cruise must be the cost of stupid. Apparently Hugh is unaware we can get that for free when we read his website.
Photographic rendition of Cruising with Hugh, here.