So, Hillary wants a do-over in Florida and Michigan – both broke the rules, as you all well know. That made me think of some do-overs I would like:
- When I bought my 2003 Saab, my dad told me I should never buy the first production year of a new model. “Wait for the bugs to be worked out,” he said. I bought it anyway. Right now, my car is in the garage awaiting a new engine. $3800. Sure, I should have listened. But can I get a do-over?
- I went on a cruise in 1997. I played Blackjack for two hours and was up by about $400. I decided to start betting $50 a hand. My friend, Kevin, told me how stupid I was. I lost it all. I wish I had a do-over.
- That credit card I ran up during my undergrad years – the one my mom always hounded me about that took me 4 years to pay off? Visa? Can I have a do-over?
- January 14th, 2007. I definitely would like a do-over for that!
- November, 2000 and November, 2004. Can the whole nation get a do-over please?
- Pretty much everything I wrote on my own blog prior to 2004 – I’d really like a do-over on that!
- Oh, and that time back when I was a zygote and made the conscious decision that I wanted to be gay. What a nightmare that turned out to be in high school. Can I take it back please?
If wishes were horses…