Please donate. The uterus you save may be your own.
Long story short, I am in the process of forming a lady-business nonprofit organization that was a PAC but which is no longer a PAC (for reasons explained here) in order to complete the TeamUterati Wiki Project which I conceived in February and which my partner Heather Chase and I built using her technical skills and my “oooh! oooh! Can you make it do this?” skills.
The organization is called People Organizing for Women’s Rights (check out the website: POWR). It takes up to nine months to complete the formation of the organization (we have attorneys on it), but in the meantime, POWR/TeamU needs money to upgrade our server so that we can complete our database of ALL ANTI-WOMEN AND ABORTION LEGISLATION. It is slow-going right now (although we have some volunteers ::ahem @Dcybele::) who have been working so hard that I wish I could hug them every day.
Every last single bill that infringes on women’s rights as human beings will ultimately be housed in the TeamU/POWR database, starting with the 1100 that have been introduced since 2010 (of which about 162 have passed). The database will also contain voter information, links to relevant information at other women’s organizations (Guttmacher, Planned Parenthood, etc.) as well as locations of women’s health clinics. (For a short video that demonstrates the functionality of the database, click here, and for a short video tutorial, click here.)
Why are we doing this? Because this —
— has to stop.
How long it takes for our project to be completed depends on how much money we can raise. Our database is unique — there is nothing else out there like it.
So, if this —
— sounds like something you want to support, then please donate to TeamU/POWR using the Paypal button on the sidebar at TeamU Blog(credit cards are accepted through PayPal), or send checks to: POWR, P.O. 480519, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
Imani Gandy, ABLxx
Because a proper fundraiser should always have perks, we are starting off the TeamU Fundraising Bonanza with BITCHFORKS from Esma Designs.
You can represent TeamU in style with a custom-made Bitchfork with Team Uterati military dog tag handcrafted by the fabulous @ThundarKitteh of Esma Designs, LLC.
- For a 5 dollar donation, you’ll get a Team Uterati military dog tag necklace.
- For a 10 dollar donation, you’ll get a personalized Team Uterati military dog-tag necklace. @ThundarKitteh will stamp whatever you want on the dog-tag — within reason, of course. Then again, Mona Eltahawy ordered a personalized dog tag with “Fuck misogynist bastards” on it, so feel free to express yourself!
- For a 25 dollar donation, you’ll get a Team Uterati military dog-tag necklace with a copper bitchfork, pictured here. (And don’t forget, real men wear bitchforks (as pictured here), so men? Get on the bitchfork bus.)
- For a 50 dollar donation, you’ll get a Team Uterati military dog-tag necklace with a silver bitchfork (pictured here).
- For a 500 hundred dollar donation, you’ll get a 14K gold bitchfork necklace (pictured here), and you’ll be a baller.*** (The gold ones don’t come with a TeamU military dog tag because I can’t have you representing TeamU looking like P.Diddy. It’s just not right.)
Shipping and Handling ($5) not included. (It’s a fundrayzah, after all.)
Thank you for your support!
***Special thanks to our gold bitchfork ballers: @markchamp48, @ExLobbyist, @bubblegenius, and @sherifffruitfly. Join this VIP list. Buy a gold bitchfork. Do it now!
[cross-posted at TeamU Blog]