Watch it live here.
PBO isn’t there yet, but a line of yapping heads are recording opening remarks in front of the podium.
Anyone want to guess when the first Duck Dynasty question comes up? I say the issue is raised in one of the first four questions. Probably from a FoxBot.
UPDATE: Conference underway. PBO started off talking up the economy, deficit reduction and healthcare enrollment. Noted that a budget passed. Called for an extension of unemployment benefits, saying GOP should have passed it before they left town.
Running question recap:
1. This year sucked for you. Are you panicked or merely terrified?
2. How will you rein in the monstrous spying exposed by E. Snowden?
3. You said you already fixed the NSA thing. Were you lying then or are you
lying black* now? Are you lying like you were on healthcare?
4. What was your biggest mistake? (No, really.)
5. Debt ceiling — will you negotiate with
House GOP terrorists?
6. What is your New Year’s resolution?
7. Amnesty for Great American Hero Snowden?
8. Derp! Derpity-herp-derp! ACA derp-derp-DERP!
9. What message were you trying to send by naming a bunch of gay people as delegates to the Sochi Olympics?
10. Was the appointment of Max Baucus to China as ambassador a coded message that you’re giving up on a tax code overhaul?
11. PolitiFact called you a big fat liar. Have you completely ruined the Democratic Party?
12. How will reshaping your team change the dynamic? (A good question!)
UPDATE: And that’s it. The recap above isn’t verbatim, obviously, but the tone is fairly accurate. The Village has clearly settled on the “2013 Was Obama’s Katrinaloo” narrative, and almost all of the questions flowed from that.
*H/T: Valued commenter Corner Stone