Healthcare.gov released their public use files this morning so I spent the past couple of hours ripping some data. Below is the map of the least expensive Silver, Gold and choose your own adventure plans relative to Benchmark. My data is stored here.
1) It is great to have old code that is easy to repurpose.
2) CMS/Healthcare.gov got the data out early enough to allow meaningful window-shopping
3) There are some incredible deals in Tennessee
4) Gold gaps are sometimes a state story (New Mexico or Oklahoma) and sometimes an insurer by insurer story within a state (Georgia)
5) The North Carolina story is massive compression of the price of Gold relative to Silver compared to 2017 but not a flip in price order.