The America-hating AP dares to suggest that ISIS is not outside your window trying to kill you RIGHT NOW. http://t.co/Xedmcs1UIF
— daveweigel (@daveweigel) September 10, 2014
Greg Sargent, also — “Is the Media Putting Its Thumb on the Scale?“:
…[H]alf-baked suggestions that Americans want generic “action” risk being misleading. What actions do Americans actually support? It turns out the WSJ poll also finds that 40 percent say “action” should be “limited to air strikes only” and another 15 percent say we shouldn’t act at all — a total of 55 percent. Meanwhile, all of 34 percent support air strikes and sending in combat troops — perhaps higher than one might expect, but still only one in three Americans.
What’s more, the poll also finds that only 27 percent* say the U.S. should become “more active in world affairs.” That’s up from April, but still, it represents barely more than one in four Americans. Meanwhile, 40 percent say we should be less active and another 29 percent say we should maintain our current level of activeness — a total of 69 percent….
* (That number, again!)
@daveweigel lies! ISIS has ebola and is part of the teacher's union! I HEARD IT ON RUSH.
— Highly scatological (@RaisingOneBrow) September 10, 2014
@daveweigel They are fogging up my windows with their hot breath.
— Paula Green (@boycothumana) September 10, 2014
Apart from waiting for the President’s address to the nation, what’s on the agenda for the evening?