Politico is out with a report on the culture surrounding the “centrist” lobbying group No Labels, and it turns out that Nancy Jacobsen, Mark Penn’s wife, runs a toxic organization that hasn’t met an ass grabber that it doesn’t want to hire:
- There is lingering discord over the decision to hire and ally with individuals who left prior jobs under allegations they’d sexually harassed women.
- Two former staffers said they witnessed one of the organization’s few Black employees being singled out to discuss race issues at a staff meeting.
- At least three ex-aides have sought remuneration from the group over the nature of their termination in the last two years.
- Two female staffers recalled management telling female employees to dress more conservatively after a colleague was improperly touched by a male member of Congress at a No Labels event.
- Staffers are bombarded with emails and demands by Jacobson. They come at all hours of the day, sometimes with odd requests, such as changing the employer listed on their LinkedIn profiles to “America” to throw off a journalist trying to locate them.
As the piece points out, No Labels hired noted harassers Mark Halperin and former Rep. Tom Reed to aid in their quest to shit on Democrats. The whole thing would be terrible just for the employees and ex-employees of the place, if Jacobsen wasn’t raising a war chest of $70 million to bring her brand of centrist fuckery to the 2024 election.