I am not sure if any of you have seen it yet, but the new morning crew after Imus on MSNBC is just awful. I think it is Alex Witt and Rick Sanchez, and they are just hideous. Nothing like letting your personal opinions getting in the way of the news.
This may be Jonah Goldberg’s best ever.
I have 500 blogs to read since I have been away/busy for two weeks. I will post more tomorrow night.
Just got back from a week in NYC, and I have a couple of observations.
– I stayed in Brooklyn, in a real blue collar area, and I was simply amazed at how many American flags are prominently displayed. Every house has at least one flag, and most have 2-3. All I could think was that Osama and crew pissed off 8 million people for good, and New Yorkers do not forgive or forget.
– The New York Sun is just great. I don’t know if it is just me, but I did not feel it had a conservative tilt to it- it was just straight up reporting, and most of the coverage was on local news. I guess the absence of a liberal bias makes something conservative. The paper is a little thin, but if I lived there, I would definitely subscribe.
– Every day I was there I read another story about a funeral of a fireman or a cop from the WTC.
– Inside Grand Central Station, there is the most awful memorial/announcement board for those still missing from 9/11. Xeroxed sheets with pictures from weddings, and handwritten descriptives about height, weight, description of wedding band and which hand watches were worn on, all with a little note saying I love you/miss you. After two minutes, I was bawling. Those motherfuckers.
– Egg Creams are delicious.
– You just do not realize how big Ground Zero is until you went there. I did not make a special trip to it, but the express bus I took to Manhattan drove right by it. It is just enormous- for Pittsburgh fans, it looks like you could fit all of Three Rivers Stadium in there.
– The last thing I noticed, which I must have just forgotten on my last trip there (5 years ago), was that New Yorkers wear nothing but black. You can tell the tourists- they look up at the buildings and wear colors.
BTW- The Pirates are leading the NL Central, and the Steelers had a helluva a draft.
I almost forgot. The Eurotrash have become so reflexively and stridently anti-American and anti-semitic that even SNL is poking fun at them. Last night they had one of their mock commercial/PSA’s attacking the French. I forget the entire text, but the voice over started calling them ‘Cowardly, yet opinionated, and let’s not forget extremely anti-semitic.’ Later on it called them jew haters.
I loved it. I hate the French.
Dan Flynn asks where all the Black Panthers are. The answer? Jail.